Sunday, December 13, 2015

8 months - Let's Play Catchup!

Ok guys, I missed a few months. I'm trying to get caught up, but I couldn't pull anything out of my brain for the moths of July and August. I started a new full-time job and the boys started daycare, so every day was pretty hectic and the weekends were so precious that I didn't spend much time taking photos. But I'll try my best to catch ya'll up on our lives!

Tristan

Teething is in full-force right now and Tristan has earned 2 bottom teeth from all his efforts! He gnaws on everything like a ravaged beaver, but him demeanor remains as sweet and patient as ever. 



He is so calm and he just sits and takes in all the madness from his big brother. He's very observant and very silly. I've never seen a child so patient and I love his constant cuddles. He loves his mommy and daddy so much! (Even if he refuses to say Momma...I know he loves me.) 





Elijah


This little boy had a pretty eventful month as well. He was getting sick all of the time and we could tell that he was having trouble breathing. When he spoke, it always sounded like he was holding his nose because he was so congested. We took him to Dr. Tad Hughes at Lexington ENT (who is FANTASTIC with kids by the way. I would highly recommend him to anyone!) and he said that his adenoids and tonsils were enlarged and his airway was 90% blocked. He suggested we have them removed because otherwise, they would just continue to get infected. 

Now, I have never been through a surgery before so I had zero idea what to expect. Keeping a rambunctious toddler occupied in a tiny little pre-op room is not fun, but the aftermath of the surgery was miserable. When he woke up from surgery we hadn't been allowed back in the room yet so he was absolutely terrified and in pain. He finally fell back asleep after a heart wrenching amount of screaming and some other yucking happenings that I won't go into detail about, but only for about 10 minutes while I held him.  

Pre-op Elijah in his teeny-tiny little hospital gown.
 After they moved us up to the floor where we were to spend the night (they don't usually do this surgery on children under 3 years so they wanted to monitor him overnight) Elijah started to improve rapidly. Within an hour after surgery he was walking laps around the nurses' station and mowing down popsickles. He improved so much that Dr. Hughes told us we would be able to go home that night! 

Walking laps

The first 2 days post surgery weren't so bad, but days 3-7 were definitely the worst. We needed lots and lots of suckers and pop-sickles to ease the pain. But the results were worth it. His voice is different, he can breathe SO much better and he hasn't been sick once...NOT ONCE since the surgery. This kid who was sick every single week. It's really incredible the difference it made. I wish I could include a few voice clips on here so you guys could hear the before and after. He just sounds so much different!

_________________________________________________________________________

Now, I'm going to preface the following with the fact that there are a lot....I mean A LOT of photos! So much happened this month and I just can't bear to omit any of it so, here ya go!



The Walk to End Alzheimer's was this month in Lexington and the boys had a blast! We walked with the wonderful folks at Baptist Neurology Center whom I love and cherish so dearly. 

Elijah loves his daddy.




Tristan made friends with little Miss Blake


And Tristan lasted all of 5 minutes into the walk before passing out. ;-)

The next event was a baby shower to celebrate my dear friend, Ricki Brooke, and her sweet baby Ada. It was a beautiful, story book themed shower put on by my girl friends. They did a super job! 

Ricki is one of the most kind-hearted, thoughtful people I have ever met and she is going to make THE BEST mommy!

The boys didn't accompany me on this trip, but I still wanted to share!




Ricki Brooke's niece, Anna Claire


Gosh... these two goofs make me so happy!

Mrs. Ashley

Ricki's mom was seriously concentrating on these baby food flavors

Ricki was not impressed

All the conversation sisters have

Breanna is the best at leading games!



Ashely, Kayla, Blossom


Janna, Emily




Kayla and little Ellia

And lastly, and most excitedly, my new baby nephew is finally here! Guys, meet Everett Orion Blanton. The littlest Blanton and the only Blanton boy (so far). 





No comments:

Post a Comment